Communication. Communication. Communication. It is the key to building not only lasting but profitable relationships – especially with your customers.
Choosing the right customer communications management (CCM) solution for your business is an important step in the development of a holistic customer communication strategy. The right platform can create highly-personalized and contextual correspondence delivered in ways that your customers prefer which leads to a better experience for your customer and improved loyalty and growth for your business.
So, here are my top 3 considerations when looking to choose a CCM platform;
1. What are the different types of communications needed?
- Are there in-bound data collection needs (e-onboarding, e-application, etc.)
- How sophisticated do documents need to be – do they need to include other documents, templates, or digital assets like pictures, or videos for example?
- Multi-language or multi-currency support?
- What conditional logic, variable language and business rules can be applied at a template level?
The more power you have at a template level, the more streamlined and automated your workflows can become. Reducing the need to modify final rendered documents.
2. Examine your document production.
- Manual one-off/on-demand document generation
- Scheduled batch production
- Interactive ad-hoc documents
Understanding production tendencies can save money as businesses move to cloud ecosystems.
3. Understand how your audience wants to receive the communication.
- What channels are available?
- What are their preferred channels (print, online, email, SMS, etc.)?
In a day and age where everyone is saturated with information, the value of each touch point is increasing. Combining critical information like billing and marketing into a single document is more common. Leverage each touch point to include a high value call to action.
Take these points into consideration as you explore ways to improve and expand your organizations communication. Look for a solution that has the right balance to meet all your needs big or small.