When packing for a weekend trip, it is hard to know what exactly to take. You don’t want to overpack, but you don’t want to drive away wishing you had thrown in that one last item.
Same goes when you are shopping for a document generation and flow automation solution. Like most competitive, modern businesses that produce large amounts of customer-facing documents, you are probably interested in a good software solution to support the creation, management, storage and delivery of these personalized, omni-channel communications.
Choosing any new software solution can feel overwhelming. Skip the guesswork with this tidy checklist of six components that you should be considering when shopping for a document generation or document flow automation solution. Think of these as the essentials for your trip bag.
- Template design – Designing data-driven forms and templates is the first step. Xpertdoc offers a Microsoft Word-based template designer so you don’t have to worry about brushing up on graphic skills or begging someone else for help. Anyone can do it. Create sophisticated and appealing templates you can use to build personalized, engaging documents for your customers. This is like a gift that keeps on giving; a customized template allows you to auto-fill data for repeat customers.
- Document generation with automated workflows – You can start from a pre-built document template or create a new document. Once that is in place, you are ready to generate. A good document generation and flow automation solution leverages workflows and business processes and allows you to merge data into your documents. It is useful when generating high-volume, low-data items such as annual policyholder statements. It also cuts down on human error.
- Inbound customer data capture – Gone are the days when customers wanted to receive paper-based forms and documents. Now they want the option to submit them electronically. A good document generation and flow automation solution should enable you to capture inbound customer data digitally and then use that data to generate highly-personalized documents. With Xpertdoc’s web-based Smart Forms, completing contracts and e-applications, adding products or services to an account, updating customer information, or requesting feedback can be done electronically, eliminating the need for manual paper-based processes.
- Mobile support – Welcome to the 21st century, where people file insurance claims on their phones 24 hours a day. In this context, a modern document generation and flow automation solution will offer mobile support so you can create, edit, negotiate and sign documents anytime from any device, from any location. This can come in handy when buying a house, for example. If a seller needs documents signed by 5 p.m. and the prospective buyers are at work, all they must do is take a short break and e-sign documents over their phones.
- Document repository – You will want the ability to house these generated documents in a central, secure location like Microsoft SharePoint, for example. This feature can also improve the customer experience, since you will have everything at your fingertips: no more putting a customer on hold while you try to find their documents in a sea of data.
- Delivery options – An omni-channel delivery mechanism is best, so you can send your documents over email, e-signature applications, print, SMS, or drop them in SharePoint. This convenience is another penny in the “customer experience” piggybank.
To choose a modern document generation and flow automation solution, you don’t need to pack the kitchen sink. These powerful capabilities are all you need to generate faster, automated, and more personalized documents. And Xpertdoc has it all in the bag. Sign up today for a free 30-day trial!
To download your free copy of our Xpert Guide to Document Generation and Document Flow Automation, click here. And to learn more about Xpertdoc’s products, follow us on Twitter: @xpertdoc, @pamelavelentzas